Friday, January 6, 2012

Cranberry Walnut "Chicken" Salad

I am now in my fifth month of vegetarianism and the shift from carnivore to herbivore has left me missing one thing: chicken salad.



It's so simple, so delectable, and since I'm not eating meat these days, so not an option.

This was a depressing thought at first, but then I discovered Nashville's vegetarian restaurant The Wild Cow. They feature a yummy chickpea salad that mimics potato salad and then it hit me: I could do this for chicken salad!

So, my fellow veggies and vegans, I have great news: I have the recipe to satisfy your chicken salad cravings without caving on your diet.

Please allow yourself to get acquainted with my new not-so-guilty pleasure, Cranberry Walnut "Chicken" (chickpea) Salad.

Let's get cookin'!


What you'll need:

2 cans chickpeas
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used Himalayan pink salt!)
1 teaspoon paprika
1.5 cups dried cranberries
1 cup celery, chopped
1 TBSP onion, minced
1 cup walnuts, chopped
Black pepper to taste
A dash or two of garlic powder


Start by rinsing and draining your chickpeas. Then add them to your food processor or blender and pulse until chopped.



Now, transfer those protein-packed guys to a mixing bowl,


Now, add the mayonnaise and yogurt.



Then add the cranberries....


Now, chop your onion and celery and add them and the walnuts to the party!




Now, mix it all together....


And enjoy!!!




I hope you think it's as tasty as I do!


xoxo,
Stay Curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment