Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Famous Roommates: Edgar Allan Poe & Oscar Wilde


If I told you I live with Edgar Allan Poe and Oscar Wilde and have cruelty-free lips, you might think I'm crazy.

But you'd be wrong. All of the above statements are in fact true. But how?

Well, I'm rapidly becoming a zealot for all things local, crafty and artisan-made. So yesterday when I stumbled into a shop called Rala, whose name stands for Regional and Local Artisans, I knew I was in for a treat.

I walked in with an inquisitive spirit and open mind and left with some inspiring new treats and yes, two famous roommates.

What do I mean, you say?

I mean that I walked away with vegan lip balm and some fabulous candles named after the great American writers.

Let's start with the lip balm since it's winter and all of our lips need some lovin'....



The brand is Buzzabee, and it's a locally made product line that offers soy candles, salt scrubs, hand soap, lip balm, fragrances and more.

Buzzabee offers delightful fragrances such as pacific rain, floral french lavender, peony bloom, pumpkin spice and milk and honey.

Several of the products, including the lip balm and hand and body creams, are available in vegan form!


So not only are they good for you, but they are safe and cruelty-free.

I bought the Peppermint Vanilla lip balm and I am o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d.


Now for the candles....



If your galvanized by literature, poetry, eloquent speakers and receive word-of-the-day like I do, you will appreciate this...

Paddywax Candles, anyone?

If you're not familiar with this company, it's a sophisticated collection of hand-poured soy candles, and they have now introduced The Library Collection to pay tribute to the American literary giants.

Each candle is inspired by a quote and housed in simple elegant packaging that's perfect for any home or office.

But the thing that makes these candles so amazing, is not just the design and inspiration behind them, but also the fragrance.

They're all so enchanting it was hard to choose, so I bought two to tide me over.

So now you see how I do, in fact,  live with Edgar Allan Poe and Oscar Wilde.

But I hear Leo Tolstoy, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Henry Thoreau and Walt Whitman are all still looking for a place to stay.

If you're curious, Edgar smells like Cardamom, Absinthe and Sandalwood.....


.....and Mr. Wilde resembles Cedarwood, Thyme and Basil.....

Granted, this is my first time living with men, but they're so charming and subtle I hope they never leave.

I hope you're as excited as I was about these new artisan finds. Give them a try, you won't be sorry!

xoxo,
Stay Curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment