Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Eco-Friendly Nails!


As a committed girly-girl, I love high heels, make-up, twirly skirts and the whole nine yards. But my recent commitment to becoming an earth-loving vegetarian has made it difficult for my style requirements to match my organic lifestyle.

One particular accessory that definitely doesn't meet my new sustainable stipulations is that toxic little embellishment known as nail polish.

Despite its toxicity I can't seem to give it up. But now, thanks to this month's issue of Whole Living Magazine (my new addiction), I realize I don't have to!

Ladies, I give you.....Priti NYC, a non-toxic, harm-free nail polish line made right here in the USA!



Founder Kim D'amato created this eco-friendly line after opening Priti Organic Spa, a green salon in New York City that features bamboo floors, non-toxic paint, organic herbs, flowers, oils and creams.

When the search for a nail polish free of cancer-causing chemicals left her empty handed she decided to create one herself and thus, Priti NYC was born!

This line of nail polish features over 100 shades and is one of the cleanest nail products available. 




Priti NYC is 100% natural and has been featured in fashion shows and on celebrities such as Lady Gaga, Uma Thurman and Natalie Portman.

The colors are inspired by D'amato's travels and run between $10-$12 per bottle.

The price is a little more expensive than convenient store alternatives, but just consider the extra dollars as an investment in yourself and the environment. 

The colors are vivid and imaginative and there's even a mermaid collection (I'm obsessed!)

So if you're in New York, stop by Priti Organic Spa for some guilt-free pampering....

And for those of us who are NOT in New York, head to the Priti NYC website, where you can also recycle your nail polish, and order some of these fabulous colors for yourself!



Until next time,

xoxo,
Stay Curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment